Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CANADIENS AGREE TO ONE-YEAR DEAL WITH LAPIERRE

With me being a Canadiens fan I thought I would post the signing of Maxim Lapierre to a one year deal. RDS is reporting that it is worth $900 000. Last year he scored 7 goals and added 7 assists. Many people would and should ask the questions: Is that worth $900 000 a year? Obviously Montreal think so as they just signed him. He does play a certain role as an agitator and many people do not like him because of it but he does do that role well. He did perform well in the playoffs as well, not by scoring a lot of points but taking players off their game. Many people also feel that he is a diver and dislike him because of that. It is a bad reputation to have and I hope that is part of the game he fixes as that drives me crazy as well.
His point total was down by half from the previous season but hopefully he will be able to contribute on a fairly regular basis.

My prediction for the upcoming season is : 12 goals and 13 assists for 25 points.
What are your thoughts of the signing? Leave a comment and let me know.
*Thanks to TSN as a source for the stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hockey and Baseball talk - Blogged My Zimbio
Top Stories Online Marketing