Friday, July 30, 2010

MLB: Who Will the Toronto Blue Jays Trade By Tomorrow?

The the MLB non-waiver trade deadline tomorrow I am curious to see who the Toronto Blue Jays will trade to continue to try to build a contender in the American League East division.

Many people in the baseball community feel that Scott Downs, Kevin Gregg, Jason Frasor, and John Buck may be dealt as they may not fit into the Blue Jays future plans.  I do not think there is any way they can trade Vernon Wells as he still has a lot of money left on his deal.  There are also rumors that they would trade Lyle Overbay if the right deal came along.

Scott Downs should be able to get the Blue Jays a decent prospect or two because he is a left handed releiver and any team that is contending can never have enough left handers in their bullpen.  I predict Downs
goes to a contender in the National League, my guess is the Atlanta Braves.

I can see why the Blue Jays may try to trade catcher John Buck.  He is having a fantastic season by his standards and a team that is making a push for the playoffs could use him as a starter or a strong back-up.  I am sure he is hoping he would be in a starters role.  I could see the Cincinnati Reds making a push for John Buck. Toronto Blue Jays Authentic On Field Game 59FIFTY Cap (7 1/4)

I do not see a team willing to give up enough for Kevin Gregg and therefore see him staying a Blue Jay for the remainder of the season.  To be honest he has not done that bad of a job. I also feel that Jason Frasor will not get that much attention from other teams.  For what the Blue Jays will get for him in return I think they should keep him.  He could move into the closer role if by chance the Blue Jays trade Kevin Gregg.

I do not see the Blue Jays giving up on Adam Lind or Aaron Hill.  Lind has had a good July hitting close to .300.  I am sure the team will hope both of them will finish strong and bounce back next season.

My prediction is that Scott Downs will be traded for sure with John Buck also switching teams.  In about 24 hours we will see if I have any idea what I am talking about. :)

Perhaps with the trades the Blue Jays may pull off they will be able to return to the glory years of 1992 and 1993. Man, that was a long time ago.  Perhaps buying this would help bring back the memories? MLB Vintage World Series Films - Toronto Blue Jays 1992 & 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hockey and Baseball talk - Blogged My Zimbio
Top Stories Online Marketing